Monday, November 17, 2008

Improving Eyesight Without Surgery

Recently I've been thinking about getting Lasik. It's a quick in/out surgery where they use lasers to alter the cornea of your eyes to give you 20/20 vision. I've been thinking serious about this and started looking into the pros and cons of having eye surgery.

  • I talked to freinds who have had this done.
  • I looked in some magazines for articles.
  • I searched online.
  • I haven't yet talked to a doctor, but have read articles written by doctors.
What I found out made me decide that now is not the time to get eye surgery. I'm kinda a baby about my eyes anyhow. It took years before I could put in contacts. I am very sensitive to objects around my eyes and try to take good care of them. I'm a VERY visual person and cannot imagine going through life without being able to see.

Overall most information I found about eye surgery was positive. I heard a lot of warnings about making sure I pick the right doctor. Not sure how to do this other than rely on testimony from past patients.

Most of my friends who had this surgery were satisfied. But I was discouraged to find some that were not happy and were still struggling with problems since the surgery.

The FDA says the 95% of people who have eye surgery are satisfied.

That means that 5% are not satisfied and I know that if I do something like this I will be in the 5% who have problems and I WILL NOT TAKE RISK WITH MY EYES!

That's 5 out of 100 people! That means that every week the doctor has multiple unsatisfied patients.

Once you have surgery there is NO going back! Your eyes are permanently changed!
I cannot take that risk so I started to look into alternatives. My feeling is that surgery needs to be an absolute last option. So I started searching the web.

Here is something interesting I found:
Eye Exercises will improve your eyesight to the point that you can throw out your glasses and contact lenses.
Yeah right!

But, my curiosity was piqued so I looked into it a little deeper. What I found sounded a little too good to be true, and that usually means that it is. I'm not so sure in this case. A lot of studies have gone into this for 100 years and a lot of people testify that they had significant improvements in vision.

That's worth checking out!
Here is some info I put on Squidoo about Eye Exercises.

How to Improve Eyesight

Rebuild Your Vision - How To Improve Eyesight Without Surgery

How To Do Eye Exercises

How To Improve Eyesight Without Surgery

No comments: